Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Lumber Jack aka Canadian Bacon aka Maple Bacon...

About a month ago I had asked some friends for some new and interesting flavours to try out. Some suggestions were great and I have since then tried them out. BUT the one that stood out the most was.........Bacon Cupcakes! My first reaction was, well....eeeew! But then I started to think about it, sweet and salty. Something I love! I put the idea on the back burner for a few weeks until a co-worker brought in an article that was in the Globe and Mail. It was all about bacon! It mentioned a bakery on Queen St West - Toronto that made "Chocolate Oatmeal Cupcakes with Maple Bacon frosting". So now I had to try it! My first attempt was a maple cake with bacon in it, topped with maple frosting and bacon bits. I will definitely be trying out more variations. I'm thinking chocolate cake next, with maple bacon frosting and maybe a pancake cupcake too.........yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment