Monday, February 8, 2010

Back to the Future!

This past weekend I attended a birthday bash, with an amazing theme! It was a 1985 party! I myself was born this year, and I have to say it was a very clever theme for celebrating 25 years of you. I just might have to steal it.......anyways, there was a hitch to this party you had to dress in 80's attire. Personally I had no objections, I'm not ashamed to say it the 80's is one of my favourite decades! You might be asking, "Why?!" Well first of all some of my favourite people were born, many wonderful movies came out like Back To The Future(always had a crush the MJ Fox), Goonies, Flashdance. What else..... Transformers, Rubik Cube, Brick phones, Raspberry Beret, We Built This City, the list goes on and on so many things!

I'll just show you some pictures and don't worry there were cupcakes too. Made by the lovely hostess/birthday gal!


These were the tasty cupcakes! A vegan recipe that was really good, I don't always like vegan cakes but this was nummy. I'll have to get the recipe. You'll notice the one random cupcake in the 5, that was a gift for the birthday girl form my friend Chuck. hehe


I asked what her costume was all about and her response was, "You know when you were little and went to visit your grandma and she always reached into her pocket and pulled out these candies? Thats my costume." My grandpa was the one giving out candies in our family and usually it was Certs.


"Everybody's doin a brand new dance now....." The building was very fitting, didn't even have to decorate!

Excellent costumes!


We went a s Tetris Blocks, thats right!

Thats all for now kid's. Check back soon for Valentine's Day and 2010 Olympic cupcakes! GOLD CANADA GOLD!



No comments:

Post a Comment