Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's new?

Cupcakes for the Cure!

Starting in the month of September I decided to do a breast cancer campaign leading up to CIBC's 'Run for the Cure' on October 4th.  I've called it 'Cupcakes for the Cure'. Not only am I doing this to raise money for the cause, but I want to raise awareness too! Breast cancer is something that has affected my family and friends, and I would like to see a cure for it in my life time. 

 So far we have donated cupcakes to CIBC for their very own fundraiser. We have also been selling at the local Market and have raised 100 smackers! I am hoping to raise waaaaaaaay more than that but for some reason people aren't so keen on reaching into their pockets to help out. So this week I'm taking cupcakes to work in hopes of raising some more money. I hope it goes well! There's only three and a half weeks left......

Here's some of what we've created already! 


These were the "Think Pink" cupcake boxes we sold at the Market. Included were: The Brownie, Pink Cookies&Cream, Classic Chocolate, Pink Velvet, Strawberry Delight and the Classic Vanilla(boob)


It's so hard to find breast cancer themed anything in Canada, 
especially if you want it to be edible.  I had to to sift through a bottle of white sprinkles just to get these tiny pink ribbons.


The ooooooooooh so popular Strawberry Delight!


Run for the Cure!


Clearly everything was pink themed!


Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment